Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I dropped my sister's kindle it has a spot in one corner and

Customer Question

I dropped my sister's kindle it has a white spot in one corner and some white lines. Can it
be repaired? It does turn on with green light but won't pull up anything Jules Verne just sits there and doesn't move.
Model D00901, ID X7N-0610. Thank you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This can be an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Doesn't work.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are u working tomorrow Richard? I did not bring the kindle to my house. I did plug and unplug it when I was there. U see I am housesitting and come home in the mornings to use computer.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Ok, then it is the LCD controller that has been damaged.

With the Kindle, the only part that can be repaired is a smashed screen (as it is just glass)

Everything else, it is not economical to repair as the repair would cost more then the value of the Kindle.

This is why no company provides a repair for this. You would need to replace the Kindle sorry.

Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

I am on tomorrow, but you will need to replace the Kindle, its a hardware issue, its not software, and its not repairable sorry due to the costs.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. I assumed as much. I cannot afford to do this and call u too.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thats no problem, no call is required

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am rather displeased that I paid to have u tell me that I need to buy a new one. I guess that is all you could say .... on the Amazon. Thx
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry you feel this way, please understand I can only provide the correct answer. If there was other options I would happily inform you of them...

I ask please you keep this in mind when rating my service via the stars at the top then submit.

You are rating me and not the Kindle or Amazon

Thank you