Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC

I have a Harmony remote 6-7 years and has worked perfectly

Customer Question

Hi Dan, I have a Harmony remote for about 6-7 years and has worked perfectly fine. This evening I tossed the unit on the bed to my wife and the Unit now say" safe mode". I tried to change batteries with the "2" down as instructed, but I still get "safe mode. Can you help? Thanks Ed Thomas in Austin TX
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Ed.

Try pulling the batteries out and leaving out for at least an hour to let it reset.

If that does not help, it points to internal damage, but the next option would be to try reloading the firmware/programming, by plugging to your computer with the usb cable, opening the logitech software, and it will reload from there.

If you get stuck, let me know.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nathan: I'll try the one hour removal idea. I am 78 years old so I have no idea about firmware/programming, etc. I had a tech guy from Best Buy install several years ago and it has worked fine until I'll wait an hour (with batteries removed)and see if problem is resolved....hopefully so!! I'm rating your a 5-star hoping your idea to fix is the answer.....then it's good for you and good for me!!
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I hope that works for you as well. In most cases, it will do the trick.

If it does not, I can help you with the programming remotely if needed.