Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC

I have a Panasonic DVD/VCR with Disk the the sound died on.

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic DVD/VCR with Disk the the sound died on. Is there someone close to me that can repair this unit, my Zip Code is 80918.
Lester Coburn
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Lester.

Unfortunately there really are no feasible repair options at all, local or otherwise.

This is such an old model (2005) that it is at about 3 times its expected service life at this point, all support is discontinued, there is no service documentation available, and there are no parts available for it.

Any repairs would be at the component level and the labor costs involved quickly negate the practicality of that.

You would pay more to fix this than you would to buy a whole new recorder with updated features and capabilities with a fresh warranty.

If you still wish to try repairs, I can help with some options, but again it would likely not be an economical investment. I can recommend replacement options if you'd like as well.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?