Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Having trouble with my Control 4 unit - system been fitted

Customer Question

Hi Michael. Having trouble with my Control 4 unit - system been fitted about 3.5 years. Getting message on remote of "waiting for network" but on the control box I have a flashing ***** *****ght under wifi. Tired changing the iethernet cable - no joy and cant see anything on the "screen" when pressing the "4" button to then look at the settings?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. (If you insist upon having help from Expert Michael, I will Opt Out and open the case to him at your request.)

If your Control4 box is connected to the local router with an Ethernet cable, then check the other end also - and the whole length in between. Is the router turned On, still? and all indicator lights on it in good status?

Sometimes Control4 boxes can 'break' and cease to 'talk' to the local router. Try powering the Control4 box Off, and wait 10 minutes. Then after that interval, or longer, power it On again. See if that helps, at least temporarily.