Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

2013 Streamer shop rider just stopped working, put in new

Customer Question

2013 Streamer shop rider just stopped working, put in new batteries still does not, acts like it is shorted out.
Can u help
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your powered chair may have either shorted circuitry or a sudden failure in the batteries.

Batteries die after being in-use for years. Has yours had years of usage yet?

If you just replaced the rechargeable batteries in it, try charging it up for at least 6 hours on the charger (regardless of what the charger says about its being fully charged) - sometimes new batteries need a long charge before the first usage.

Shutting Off at power-On can also be a sign of a shorted-out component elsewhere. Look for meal debris loose in the chair's workings, or loose connections/frayed wiring/etc.