Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

My pioneer elite sc63 stopped functioning. All the lights

Customer Question

my pioneer elite sc63 stopped functioning. All the lights went out except for one flashing blue light labeled "advanced MCACC"
I unplugged it and then plugged it back in but nothing changed. Any idea how to reset it and get it working again?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

The system is shutting down as a result of a protection circuit kicking in to protect the receiver from damage.

This could be caused by a short in one of the speakers or components, thermal fault, or an internal defect in the amp itself.

You can try a few fixes yourself. To begin, power the receiver off, and disconnect all speakers and components. Try to turn it back on in Tuner (am/fm) mode and see if it will stay on. If it does, power off and reconnect 1 speaker, then power on to test again. Continue this process until you isolate the speaker or component causing the problem, or until everything operates normally.

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
unable to disconnect speakers tonight. Can't get to them easily. Will have to work on it tomorrow when I have help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

No problem, take your time.

Just bookmark/favorite this page to get back with me when you have a chance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Had to call in the big guns...receiver is toast....will have a new one in two weeks.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

That is what I was expecting, and was the purpose of doing the testing. If it happened even with nothing connected, that confirms a a hardware fault which would require repair or replacement.

Do you need help finding a replacement? I can recommend some better models for you, if you'd like.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We will be out of town for 2 weeks. Upon return will try all your recommendations before I give up
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Sure thing, I'll be here if you need more help.