John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a Sony CDX-C5750 marine AM/FM system on my boat. The

Customer Question

I have a Sony CDX-C5750 marine AM/FM system on my boat. The detachable panel lights up and seems to take all commands but I have not been able get any sound form the unit since I put the boat in the water this year. It worked fine when I had the boat winterized. It has a multiple CD changer attached to the unit as well. Any suggestions?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Hi Jim and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, are the speakers/wires directly connected to the CDX-C5750? ...or is there an add-on/external amplifier?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is an external amplifer
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

I understand and bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the amplifier.

After re-checking wiring to the CDX-C5750 particularly the blue/white, can you please check if the external amplifier is receiving power and if it is remotely triggered by the Sony?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not at my boat right now but when I pressed the reset behind the panel the system did a whirring noise.
Since it wasn't the speakers I assume it was the amplifier
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As soon as this storm is over I plan on going out to the boat. Do you have a number I can call you at from the boat to continue this conversation? I don't think I can get to it for another hour. Are there any other fuzes that might affect the speaker system?d. The Boat fuze panel had no bad fuzes.
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

The "whirring noise" would appear to be mechanical and possibly be the CD mechanism. On the other hand, the amplifier is electronic and at most would produce a thump on the speakers.

Yes please; post an update when able.

The site offers/provides Phone Call Service should you require it.

Please do a Ctrl + D to bookmark this page.

Or click on the links provided in the emails sent.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
By the way. I did not what to sign up for a monthly service. I just wanted this one problem responded t
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues.

On the "...did not what to sign up for a monthly service..." and other billing & payment concerns, contact Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions. Please click HERE or go to http://ww2.justanswer.com/help.