Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My Kindle is not under warranty, but after charging it all

Customer Question

My Kindle is not under warranty, but after charging it all night, it will not turn on. It's warm to the touch, but will not activate. Help,please!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?