Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I just purchased a Casio SE-S700 cash register. It worked

Customer Question

I just purchased a Casio SE-S700 cash register. It worked fine until I opened my shop yesterday.
Now I try basic functions i.e., 1.00 then the 2 Taxable key which I programmed for my 8% tax and I get an E...no number after it, just an E.
I have tried so many ways to correct it and nothing gets rid of the E.
HELP!!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think you should assume that something you take for granted has reset itself. For instance:

- the clerk identity that "is always signed in" is now not signed in

- the programming for 8 % tax (and maybe all other specific configuration) may be gone, if the device has spontaneously (or otherwise) suffered a complete reset and clearing-out of programming memory.

So try signing in as a clerk. And then see (if that works) whether the 8 % tax function is still there, or whether it E / errors out instead of working.