Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

My Samsung e5500 keeps changing through the modes all by

Customer Question

Hello my Samsung e5500 keeps changing through the modes all by itself. I have rebooted it but it doesn't do a full reboot. It keeps it's wifi basics so it must have a bug. Is it possible to factory reset?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Are you sure the Mode-change control isn't stuck?

If not that - and if so, tap it sharply and briefly, to try to un-stick it - then your disc player has a severe problem.

But as to a hard reset:

- remove all and any disc from the player. Wait for 'No Disc' to be shown on the display.

- then, with the power to the disc player On, and its display shown on the TV's screen:

Press and hold the Play/Pause button on the front of the disc player (NOT on the remote), until 'Resetting all settings to default values...' is displayed.

By and by it will prompt for Language, then to do the Setup, then the Network settings, etc.

(If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck with it.)