John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I was using pattern to unlock screen. I turned this off and

Customer Question

I was using pattern to unlock screen. I turned this off and now it wants a pattern but the one I was using doesn't work any longer and I never entered in a new pattern. Restarting doesn't help and I am locked out.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please confirm the model, such as A500 or A5007 or B1-770, etc.?

Is it okay to reset the tablet fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is an A5007 and I could do a factory reset by myself so no, it is not okay to re-set it up fresh as I wish to save all data on device.

Are you sure that is the exact pattern you set previously?

If you enter the (wrong) pattern for a few times, does it give you any other option?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
EVERY time I try it says "wrong pattern" and I have to go back to the pattern screen. I am absolutely sure the pattern I had entered before is the one I am trying now. I was using this pattern for about 3 months until I turned it off, then all of this started.

Does anyone else know the pattern besides you?

Did anyone else use your tablet?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No one else uses the tablet and it hasn't left my home.

I'm sorry; it is very strange as pattern does not change itself. I'm not sure about this issue, but let me open the issue to other experts. Please do not wait. You will get an email when there is a response from another expert. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I had been using the tablet for a few hours myself before I decided to turn off the pattern lock and it was working fine until this point. Okay, I shall wait for an email.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have managed to fix it myself without factory resetting it. Please do not charge my credit card. If you would like to learn how I did it, send an email.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also, please cancel any requests to others that you have sent. Thank you for trying.

Great. If you don't mind, can you please let me know how you got it fixed?

Do you need anything else for now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you very much for the update.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will be glad to tell you how I did it when I'm convinced my C.C. hasn't been charged. Anyway you can insure that it hasn't?

We guarantee our service. Your deposit is being refunded; we'll have our customer service email you to confirm. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay...thank you for the refund. This is how I fixed the problem and it was pretty simple. With the unit on, I put a pin in the pin reset hole that is between the power button and the volume button. This turned off the device. When I turned it on again, every thing was accessible and worked fine. Hope you are able to receive this still.