Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I,m Ron, I have a model 760 that stopped picking up

Customer Question

I,m Ron, I have a model 760 that stopped picking up anything. I cleaned it as usual and it still does not work. any other suggestions.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It just quit picking up anything. I took the rollers and brush out and cleaned them and blew all the dust out of the unit, including the two filters in the trash holder. Still nothing.
JA: Is there anything else the Technician should be aware of?
Customer: that should do it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suspect that, if you can still hear the motor running inside it, that your machine has suffered a clog in its tubing and passages. I advise disassembling it some, and looking into the tubing and passages.

Also, testing the suction periodically as you disassemble it, may reveal where exactly the clog or blockage has taken place.

How old is the model 760 ? and where is it usually used?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is about 3or 4 yrs old and used 20% tiled floor and 80% carpet. No pets in house.

Can you still hear the motor running inside it?

Does the motor sound as loud as usual?