Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I'm trying to program the sam4s ER-5200M cash register. I

Customer Question

I'm trying to program the sam4s ER-5200M cash register. I cleared the Plu file, and I am now unable to set prices on the buttons. I get "Warning Sequence Error" on the display panel when I go to program the price on the any key. Did I not program the keys to be PLUs properly?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also do I need to set the PLU in a certain way to be taxed or not?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi Jamie,

A sequence error means the register thinks it is in the middle of a transaction - or at least a part of the register thinks so.
This can sometimes be caused by corrupt data or an abrupt power loss.

The Initial Clear procedure should eventually clear this error, although you may have to try it two or three times.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

When programming, you simply need to set the PLU rate, and you can then program the tax separately.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's not my issue, let me be more clear. When I attempt to edit the Plu status of a key, or enter the halo/price for a plu, I get the error message. How do I properly edit the keys for my register, because I am editing as explained in the programing instructions provided with my machine.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

If you cleared the PLU file then there is nothing to edit, so you will get an error.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh okay, so when it's cleared, how do I get PLUs back oton the keys so I may edit them? Because I tried the service mode to assign the keys as PLUs, but I may have done so improperly?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You didn't actually help but still charged me? Help me before charging me.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I am a user of this site just like you, and I have not been paid.

You have paid a deposit to the website for the next expert who will help you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh I didn't know that you weren't the expert, but I was charged the deposit earlier, then was charged the full amount recently.. But I haven't had my issue resolved. Do you know how to make the cleared keys back into PLU keys?