Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have an ft-8900R ... am having trouble transmitting on vfo

Customer Question

i have an ft-8900R ... am having trouble transmitting on vfo mode to my repeater... radio opens squelch on the repeater, nothing gets out of my mic... when NOT in vfo mode and on simplex the transmitter works perfectly... have had this unit for an year and its just started this... help. heheheh
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, consider an ALL RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click HERE.May have to be done a number of times.This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose other issues.If not corrective, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?