Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have Panasonic AG-HMC70P.. It turned off and I haven't

Customer Question

I have Panasonic AG-HMC70P.. It turned off and I haven't been able to turn it back on. I would like to know what replacements I should make to the camera or how I can possibly fix it.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Hi Nancy and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, try another battery pack and/or if available, use a VW-AD20 AC adaptor with DC cable.Still, if the above has been tried and if all external factors have been checked and ruled out, then the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue. More particularly, potential suspects after a review of the Service Manual are:• faulty battery contacts and/or CN8701 connector (least likely);• failed regulator Q8703 (likely);• blow internal 72V/8A fuse F8701 (most likely).All of the above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your reply , but what you advised me to do was the first thing that was done. a technician saw it and told me he had possibly change a piece. The parts I'm looking for is VEP 01985B but I could not find it. I searched the Panasonic but I couldn't find anything.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for posting what has already been done and these additional information.On "...I searched the Panasonic but I couldn't find anything...", Panasonic through Encompass parts no longer has this circuit board available. Please click HERE. I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.