Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Can you control the new me20f-sh from a computer. It uses

Customer Question

Can you control the new me20f-sh from a computer. It uses the "canon ok protocol" it is for a astronomy application. We need to control the telescope and camera from a computer.
Don
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I've done some research on this camera model. Here are some results:The optional RC-V100 can be attached to the camera for remote control operation.The camera's remote control interfaces are a 2.5 mm jack with a Canon special protocol (note: 3.5 mm is the usual size for an earphone jack, so this is even smaller), and a circular multi-pin jack (that sounds like a mini-DIN jack) with likewise, a Canon special protocol. The multi-pin jack's connection to the RC-V100 is through an RR-10 or RR-100 cable. Neither of those interfaces can be hooked directly to a computer, since neither one is a computer-type port. At minimum one would need an adapter. There is no documentation as to controlling this camera with a computer. A solution in that direction would have to be engineered... at some time and expense.