Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

How do I clear weekly and monthly sales data using the "80"

Customer Question

How do I clear weekly and monthly sales data using the "80" job code for a sharp xe-a41s?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Need to clear weekly/monthly sales info from register. There is a job code in the 80 can't remember it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I'm not sure it's a job code beginning with '80', but I do know of a procedure to clear daily sales totals, as well as the GT or Grand Total, completely to zeros.Note that this is a complete erasure of sales data, and the data cannot be restored afterwards... if you do this, it will be *gone* altogether. Is this what you are asking about? or did you want to retain some sales or totals data? if so, do not proceed, instead Reply letting me know what data you wanted to retain after the clearing of weekly and monthly sales data. Here's how to clear pretty much all sales data from your Sharp register: Insert cash register key into the Mode switch.Turn the switch to the “Z/PGM” position. Press the “CHK” button to reset the GT.Enter your cash register's secret code if prompted.A “Z” sales reading will print out.The GT value, and all values, will clear and be zeroed. Turn the key to the “Reg” or “Off” position to exit the Z/PGM position. (-This may also be known as printing a Z Report.) (If this answers your question, please rate my answer; If you need more information or different advice, please Reply and let me know. Thanks.)