Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have thePLMRBS9 marine unit. It's not working. The Red

Customer Question

I have thePLMRBS9 marine unit. It's not working. The Red PROTECT LED INDICATOR is on but not the green led power light. What's wrong???
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Generally, when a Protect function goes into action, something on the output has been short-circuited. In this case, I advise turning Off the device, and disconnecting all connectors to the PLMRBS9 device, except the power. Then wait about 5 minutes or longer, and then power it On again, or try to.If the Protect persists and the device still does not power On, then disconnect the power and check whether the power isA. reversed, orB. deficient or excessive in voltage level, for the tolerances of this unit's specifications. Let me know how it goes, please. I will advise you further as appropriate. (And if this answers your question fully, please rate my answer. Thanks.)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Attempting now.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Tried both and no luck. Red light remains on but not the green power button.
Then the power supplied to it may be defective... or else, the short-circuit that Protect mode usually signifies, is internal, and the device will have to be repaired. Incidentally: What maker or manufacturer is the device in question, please?