John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

Vintage stereo setup question: I have a -- Fisher rs-717

Customer Question

Vintage stereo setup question: I have a
-- Fisher rs-717 receiver
-- Pioneer CT- W505R cassettt deck
-- Sony DVP-CX850D CD/DVD player disc explorer 200
-- 2 Pioneer CS-V970 speakers
NOTE: I am only interested in answers from people who know specifics of these machines and can explain which ports on one device feed which ports on another device. A secondary need is how the set of stereo equipment works with a TV.... lastly I need to know how to program the Sony...... I do have the remote
Question #1 .......... Is the output from the pioneer CT 505R is from "Output play" red + white RCA connections to Fisher RS-717 "Tape 1 'In' "red + white RCA connections?
Question #2 ........... I have 2 speakers, which output ports on the receiver do I use? There is a "RA + R-B"... and a "LA + LB"
Question #3 The output from the Sony CD/DVD drive to the receiver is from which ports?
There is a "red-R-aud-1" and a "wht-L-aud-1" along with a yel-vid-1 (do red + white go to the receiver "CD" inputs? And there is a "red-R-aud-2", "wht-L-aud-2" and a "yel-vid-2"....... if I want to play a DVD (like a movie) how do I get video to the TV?... if the TV has aud + vid coming from the stereo will the built-in TV sound be cut off and sound only heard from the Pioneer speakers?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I would be happy to help you get your system set up, but each of these is really a separate issue.The way the site works is that each question is treated individually. I can go through the connections with you, but would need to ask you to post the question about programming and setting up the sony as a new thread. Part of the info we'll need to set up your connections is the tv. What other sources/inputs are used on the tv? A cable/satellite box? Is it a smart tv with "apps" like netflix?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Forget it. I wanted to know how to interconnect my stereo components...
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
I understand, and I can help you with that. I was telling you that some of the other steps like programming the cd player would not be part of that process.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan