Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I Have a bose cd player and have not used it in almost a

Customer Question

I Have a bose cd player and have not used it in almost a year. Now when I insert a cd, it skips for about a minute or two, and then it is fine..any ideas
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Sorry you're having problems. The issue you're having is due to the laser lens being either contaminated (dirty), or faulty (scratched or mis-aligned).I would suggest first following the steps below to determine and attempt to cure the issue.You can try several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.If your player is not reading any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at PC or AV retailers). Then insert the spray tip of the compressed air can into the disc slot and liberally spray to remove any dust or debris.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
If that does not work then the Bose would need to be serviced. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:BOSE:For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?