Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a sentry 1610. I have the combination, and the keypad

Customer Question

Hi, I have a sentry 1610. I have the combination, and the keypad acknowledges, but it will not unlatch
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That is usually owing to slightly jammed moving parts relating to the latch. Or, in summary and glossing over a bit, 'a stuck latch'. Lubrication can help. One user of this same model made a video of his own stuck-latch case, where after 3 minutes of slamming the safe against the floor, he got it open:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdI6m24GIKswhich is one noisy and effortful way to open a stuck latch, and though it did not break the safe, it may not have done the latch problem any good at all. I advise, instead, blowing lock lubricant powder into the crack in the door near where the latch is, and letting it 'settle' for an hour or overnight, then trying the unlock combination again, might help. Also if the batteries are getting weak, you might be having a problem with the weak batteries 'driving' the mechanical parts? in which case, once you get it open, changing the batteries out and putting the very best / 'strongest' batteries of that type in, might help prevent this problem in future, also.