Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I recently purchased unused Kindle ( 2nd Generation-e reader)

Customer Question

I recently purchased unused Kindle ( 2nd Generation-e reader) and, because it has been sitting in a desk drawer for years, I believe the battery is dead since it will not take a charge. I would like it evaluated and repaired (if practical). Can you direct me to a suitable service provider?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.Let me know the results pleaseThank you