Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC

I have a Panasonic Home Theater system SA-PT750. I purchased

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Home Theater system SA-PT750. I purchased a new dishwasher and it produces major static on the Panasonic system. I've pluged the Panasonic system into other outlets in the home. I've disconnected the wireless remote unit for the rear speakers. The static is still present. Help.
Doug Mampe
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Is the static coming in through all the speakers, or just the rear ones?Does it happen all the time, or only when the dishwasher is running?If you unplug power cord to the dishwasher under the sink, does the noise go away?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Static in all speakers
Happens only when dishwasher runs
No static if dishwasher disconnected.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Okay, this is noise on the electrical line, likely induced by the pump/motor in the DW. The best thing you can do for that is adding some power filters. Plugging the panasonic into a high quality isolated filter bank surge protector would be the first step: will likely be sufficient. If you find the noise is still present (though likely reduced considerably) you'd add similar filtration to the DW also:
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?