Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Sears Model###-##-#### ***** moves but does not retun unless

Customer Question

Sears Model###-##-#### ***** moves but does not retun unless you shut the switch off and then back on also the key board does not strike the letters on the print wheel.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The problem with letters on the daisywheel might be that the hammer is either missing (some models have removable or replaceable hammers) or is present but disabled or 'broken' / in need of replacement.

As for the RETURN key not working... that could be anything. I'm not sure what it is in this case as yet. More info on the internal condition of the typewriter would be needed, as well as whether it is 'sane' in general... if assorted other problems with operation are present, it might have defective control circuitry.