Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

When I sign into Garmin express the only screen I can get to

Customer Question

When I sign into Garmin express the only screen I can get to is the screen that shows a green check for account then a line and a blue circle for settings. The screen just stays there. It shows vivoactive connected
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeDo you mean Garmin Express on your computer? And is it a windows or Mac computer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have Garmin express on my Mac. The attachment shows the screen I am stuck on
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ThanksTo be sure, have you restarted the computer and tried to open it again?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
thanksPower off the mac Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup. Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc. Click the First Aid tab. Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions. Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD"). Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk. Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, it did not work. Still can't get past the same screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Ok, can you Trash the Garmin Express program,Restart the Mac, install it again and tell me if it then opens please. I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard