Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have talk with someone who fully understands Pyle Pro amplifiers.

Customer Question

I have talk with someone who fully understands Pyle Pro amplifiers. It is a Pyle Pro 4000 amplifier. Somehow the unit turned off. When you hit the reset button it comes on then turns of quickly. Again you hit the reset button and it turns on then turns off.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, yes I am very familiar with Pyle pro amplifiers. They are part of the Pyramid amplifier corporation, owned by Sounds Around, a large chinese firm. Your amplifier is a loosely based clone of a QSC amplifier using much more inexpensive parts. It is shutting down right after power up due to the self diagnostic process which is sending shorter output transistors in the speaker drive circuitry. This occurs when the output stage fails due to not being able to support the connected speakers, which has likely nothing to do with the speakers themselves, but more so to the actual quality of the outputs used.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
To fix the amplifier requires all new outputs to be soldered into the unit and thermally coupled to the heatsinks. The average cost of the repair itself is more than the amplifier cost when new, and the money would best be spent towards replacement versus repairs.