Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

Can't get RECEIVER setup display on tv - VX-51. Also getting

Customer Question

Can't get RECEIVER setup display on tv - VX-51. Also getting UE22 flashing error.
Also, my AV Navigator "discovers" receiver but can't get further, no updates etc.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, UE22 is indicative of a failure in the receiver- more specifically it's losing the software to the DSP processor and sometimes the processor needs to be resoldered into place. How long have you owned this receiver for please?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
5 yrs
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Okay, in almost all cases I have seen- UE22 is caused by the DSP chip heating up so hot that it loses contact with the solder joints on the board where it is mounted. In most cases heating the chip up with a heat guns is the only solution (it re-flows solder around the chip to allow it to make connection). Did this issue occur only after the receiver was moved, disconnected- any catalyst you can think of?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No it has remained in the same spot since installed. I do leave it on all the time tho.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
What I'm asking is WHEN you got the error? Was it only after trying to set it up to this TV- is this a new TV? Please elaborate.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Not sure if you're still there, but I'm referring to this: "Can't get RECEIVER setup display on tv" That is why I was asking if this was a new setup.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Do you still need help with this?
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan