John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

I'm Moises. I am keenly interested with this previous exchange and wanted to

Customer Question

I'm Moises. I am keenly interested with this previous exchange and wanted to see if I could enlist you assist with my own problem.
I have an ONKYO TR-NR737 that died due after a lightning surge nearby.
It was working at the height of the storm, but when the power inside the house went out and I had to reset from the main electrical panel board, that is when the unit totally went dead.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Hi Moises and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Onkyo.Still, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes to both. Although I'm entry level at best, ***** ***** follow wiring diagrams, flow charts, and read from multi meters. I just fixed an LCD tv that involved minor soldering.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Great on the DIY!Please post back with a clear closeup picture of the standby power supply board. Click HERE.