Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC

Can't get the frame to turn on

Customer Question

Can't get the frame to turn on
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
P730 Digital Frame Model # *****
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Linda. Are you seeing any lights, or getting any sound from it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply/adapter or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2009 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising, especially for this brand. This frame is significantly past its service life at this point, having lasted more than twice as long as it would be expected to. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; though repairs simply are not feasible. There are no parts available and labor costs alone would be 2-3 times the value of the system. For a unit of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new frame with a fresh warranty and updated features in the $50-100 range. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this, Linda? Thanks,Nathan