Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I am William F McCarrel. Device Info: SW Version Kindle 2.5.3

Customer Question

I am William F McCarrel. Device Info: SW Version Kindle 2.5.3 (490488060), SN B003A0A093924F7B. Had a message from Amazon requiring me to register again using setup; however, my setup for Registration only allows me to deregister. I DO NOT want to deregister and loose all my books, etc. What is up? I have been a kindle customer for 5 or 6 years and have accumulated lots of books that I still go back and read. Help please.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, William. This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps. Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan