Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I received a Garmin Approach S6 golf watch as a gift. It appears

Customer Question

I received a Garmin Approach S6 golf watch as a gift. It appears that it can only be charged from a computer or (with an adapter) an automobile socket. Can it be charged from a wall socket just by plugging the USB connector into a standard adapter?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I do not know specifically what you mean by a standard adapter.If you mean, an Apple adapter, or power pack, or something meant for some other device, the answer is, Avoid using those! the voltage could be all wrong and mess up your Garmin. If a 'standard adapter' is one that provides a rectangular-shaped Type A USB port to charge off of, then that could be used perhaps. A Type A USB port is a type a usb port, period, the voltage provided is the same 5 volts. Let me know specifically what standard adapter you were thinking of trying, and I will tell you the specific details.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was thinking of using the adapter for my earlier sky caddie golf watch.
I see. I presume the skycaddie adapter plugs into the wall outlet at one end, but the other end is a mini-USB (more or less) that plugs into the skycaddie (or could plug into the Garmin's charging jack.) The crucial thing is, what does the adapter for skycaddie say on it? model #? voltages?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It says Output: 5V=1A
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have to leave now. If you have an answer, please e-mail me. Thanks.
That sounds about right - having 5 Volts on output, and 1 A of power ought to be sufficient power to charge the S6, a small device after all.You can try that. It should work quite well. If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.