Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Trying to get satek instument panel and radio panel to work

Customer Question

trying to get satek instument panel and radio panel to work with fsx
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,How is everything connected up? If you are connecting to a USB port on the yoke, try connecting to a USB port on the PC instead and let me know if that helps?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Firstly this simulator was given to me. It appeared not to have been set up properly. I uninstalled FSX and started over then reinstalled FSX. On fourums I see you may have to go to individual Saitek and FSX folders and delete them manually to truely do a complete uninstall. I don't know how. The Saitek instument panels are not attached at all. I have a usb hub to plug them into. Saitek says to install drivers then plug in panels. Panels were not recognized by FSX when I did this but FSX worked after reinstall. I then attempted to install Saitek instrument panel plugin. FSX will not start now so I have uninstalled all drivers and plugins again. According to some forums there is 3rd party software that simplifies this process called FSIPC. Can you offer me help with this? I've also read on forums that you have to go and manually remove remnants of the FSX folders and Saitek folders because windows 8 uninstall does not uninstall them properly.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Give me back my dos prompt and the days when you just installed a program and it worked. I can't believe how poorly coded Microsoft Flight Simulator is not to mention what a poor job Saitek did.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm still expecting some kind of response. I believe I will have to do some registry editing and or program file folder clean up.