Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

The entry port does not fit the end of the charging cord tightly,

Customer Question

The entry port does not fit the end of the charging cord tightly, allowing the charging to wobble around. Therefore, the kindle does not charge, the light showing that the kindle is
charging goes on and off. This can occur even when the kindle is totally still.
HELP! Please.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I suspect that the problem actually consists of the anchoring attachments of the charging port having cracked and come slightly loose. This would indeed produce exactly the problem you describe. Do not wiggle the charging cord in the charging port. That will make the problem rapidly worse.How old is your Kindle? if it is young enough, Amazon might fix/replace it for free under warranty, perhaps. Otherwise, there are various ways of hiring the very basic process of opening the Kindle to the charging port area and re-soldering the attachments of the charging port jack, or perhaps replacing that jack also... if you are interested in so hiring, let me know your local zip code, in case there is a good service of that sort that is near you as opposed to the other end of the continent. If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.