John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

I hope you can help with this. I had a pop up on my lap

Customer Question

Hello,I hope you can help with this. I had a pop up on my lap top saying that my computer was infected with a virus and to call this number(###) ###-#### ***** googled the number after I stupidly call it only to find out it was a ruse. I installed Norton internet security after and ran a complete scan on my system. It found a few things and blocked them. I'm still concerned that there still maybe some malware on my system. I have an HP Envy x360. I hope you can help me with this.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 5 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. That was definitely a scam. Did you let them do anything on your computer?Does your laptop have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?What's your internet browser program, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.?Do you still get some popups now when using the internet?Is there currently any issue on your computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.