Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

My panasonic machine. Combination phone, printer and fax has

Customer Question

my panasonic machine. Combination phone, printer and fax has stop working. Completely dead. Where shoould I go to have it fixed. Thanks.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or logic board. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2001 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising as this machine was designed and built for only a 3 year service life.There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluationunplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the stop/cancel button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then releaseIf this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.This is something that would require repairs to correct; at that point it is time for a new printer. While it can be fixed, it is not practical to do so. You'd be in the $150 range to have the internal power supply replaced, and a logic board would run you $200-250. For $50-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan