Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I am trying to reset passwords on a couple of samsumg idcs

Customer Question

i am trying to reset passwords on a couple of samsumg idcs 8d handsets that employees (no longer here) improperly reset without us having access to them. our system is no longer supported by a vendor.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi Kathleen,

To reset the voicemail passwords, go to the Subscriber Services Menu, and press [#] [7] [1] will then hear the old password ***** you will be able to change it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Pete....
l...I don't know where subscriber services menu is, since we don't have a subscription if you can tell me how to find that menu then I'll do as you propose.Kathleen
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

The "Subscriber Services Menu" is also known as the mailbox menu - to access it there should be a VOICEMAIL or VMMSG or similar button on the phone.

Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi Kathleen, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have been swamped by other matters at work and haven't had the time to try your suggestion. Sorry that this delay is unavoidable. Will try to get back to issue later this week. Kathleen
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

That's ok, thanks for the update!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Pete...I tried what you said by pressing VM, then #71...and nothing happened.