Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I'm troubleshooting a dead Fishman Aura Spectrum DI guitar

Customer Question

I'm troubleshooting a dead Fishman Aura Spectrum DI guitar preamp. There are three input transistors marked M6G3 1G & 1G. It looks like the first stage is a High impedence configuration, the next voltage gain & the 3rd current gain. Signal dies between the 2nd stage in & out. Is there a parts list or schematic available got this unit so I can get spare parts?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. There are no schematics available, that I can find after an extensive search for them, nor are there repair manuals, service manuals, nor parts lists for your Fishman amplifier. I suggest that you contact Fishman and ask if they can provide you with a schematic or parts list for your Aura Spectrum DI preamp.http://www.fishman.com/products/series/aura/auraspectrumdi.php(Use the CONTACT link to contact Fishman.) As for the 2nd stage voltage amplifier, I would examine all resistors for subnormal or obviously supernormal measured values (in case the biasing is now off, shutting down the amplification) and after that I would replace any capacitors or other components that are either bulging or leaking, or burnt looking, or have left a brown spot on the reverse side of the circuit board, or just the active components in the 2nd stage (since active components, transistors and chips, are quite often defective after a time.)