Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Kindle stopped working. Can't turn off. Can't turn on. Plugged

Customer Question

Kindle stopped working. Can't turn off. Can't turn on. Plugged in to charge. showing low battery. Left on charge...still no response. Can a battery die?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 30 full seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. Do not press anything else during that minute. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times. If that does not work then please reply back with the model and age of your Kindle.Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Let me know when you can see my reply.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry I could not give and excellent 5 stars..I am thinking that I did just what you said for me to do and had been on the charger just long enough to allow me to do as you said..and it came back on by my trial and error. .I do appreciate your help and will probably need it again in the future, however, I do think that $36.00 is a bit much. I am a senior ( 76) and on a fixed income and I have withdrawal symptoms when my Kindle doesn't work. What I ever did without it, I don't know. Maybe I should buy another just to have a back up. Thank you Aric.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.*** I took your question in good faith since you had offered to pay a deposit for a solution which is what I provided you with, and now even though it's working you're saying that you have no interest in paying me for my time.