Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a SO500 with a electronic combination ,I have the combination

Customer Question

I have a SO500 with a electronic combination ,I have the combination but the safe wont open after putting in in ,the light turns green to open so I know the combo is right .can you help?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Your SO500 is a Sentry Safe, and as such, look for a key-lock. Many Sentry Safes have an emergency key to open the safe with in the event of a jam-up or other problem such as your safe is having. If yours is one of the models that does not have a key-lock nor a key, then your safe's latch has probably jammed. Did you cram the safe too full, so pressure is being put on the door from inside? if so, press inward on the safe door when entering the combination... or try that anyway. It may help.Then, also, there's the question of lock lubricant. Do not use a grease- or oil-type lubricant, they can gum up the works of safe latches and locks very badly. Use a proper lock lubricant, which is a powder, you can blow the lubricant into a closed safe's latching area, and perhaps allow the latch to slip free of whatever obstacle it has encountered. At worst, the safe will have to be broken open, if the combination is recognized and correct for sure, if there is no key-lock on its door, and if lubricating and wigging/jolting the latch handle or pressing in on the door doesn't help.