Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I cannot open my sentry electronic safe. What should i do?JA:

Customer Question

I cannot open my sentry electronic safe. What should i do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the key works but the electronic pad does not work for me
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: should I send the number on the safe?
the number on the safe
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The number on the safe isn't needed, thank you.If the combination keypad is working/responding, but it is not actually opening the lock for your combination, then you can get a factory combination or registered combination from Sentry Safes by applying - somewhat less than instantly - to Sentry Safes with notarized proof of ownership etc.If the combination keypad is obviously NOT working, then you have a real problem on your hands. But, it may be that the batteries simply need changing.If the old batteries, when you check on them, seem to have leaked, the battery terminals will need cleaning as well as the batteries will need replacing. Clean the terminals with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, and then by wiping with a low-quality rag cloth, until the terminals are shiny-looking on the surfaces that contact the batteries' ends. (Applying to Sentry Safes is done here: )