Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

This is a question regarding Samsung 7s. The phone power off

Customer Question

This is a question regarding Samsung 7s. The phone power off by itself. The phone will be sitting on counter and just goes off. I returned two Samsung7s because of this problem. I then got a Samsung Note which was working fine until the ungrade and now the note does it. Any ideas? I have contacted Samsung three times, two by email and one on phone support. No one has contacted me.
Thank you for your time.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. How old is the Samsung 7S ? If it powers Off, then it is shutting down owing to insufficient battery power, most likely. Electronic devices that are battery powered do eventually run 'out of juice', deplete the battery, and that causes the device to shut down. Periodically check your battery level. When it goes down to 1/3 of full, or less, it's time to recharge the battery for sure. If your device is old, older than 1 1/2 years or so, approximately, from purchase date, then unless it is unusually defective, it may have failing batteries, and you should recharge it when it reaches 1/2 full charge, or even sooner. That's why I ask how old your 7S is. If within 1 year of purchase date, also, it may be covered by warranty. Another important question: how long before it shuts off, from being fully recharged?