John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

MN DMR-EZ37V has broken its DVD scan drive or LED; it thinks

Customer Question

MN DMR-EZ37V has broken its DVD scan drive or LED; it thinks it's got no Disk loaded (and it's not in Recording Mode); won't open the Disk (had to physically lift the lid to retrieve Disk); preference is where and who to repair...(leary of McAllen); I'd buy two good quality replacement equivalents (with Tuner) if I knew where and what to get......any comment or advice is welcome :)
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Hi Adrian and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, which would you prefer please?repair:* parts/DVD Drive are still available for about US$ 500 ore less;* service fee for something like USD150;* or would you consider a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approachreplacement:* new model - slightly lerss than 1KUSD;* identical model but used - between $100 & $200.