John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

MN DMR-EZ37V has broken its DVD scan drive or LED; it thinks

Customer Question

MN DMR-EZ37V has broken its DVD scan drive or LED; it thinks it's got no Disk loaded (and it's not in Recording Mode); won't open the Disk (had to physically lift the lid to retrieve Disk); preference is where and who to repair...(leary of McAllen); I'd buy two good quality replacement equivalents (with Tuner) if I knew where and what to get......any comment or advice is welcome :)
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.
Hi Adrian and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, which would you prefer please?repair:* parts/DVD Drive are still available for about US$ 500 ore less;* service fee for something like USD150;* or would you consider a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approachreplacement:* new model - slightly lerss than 1KUSD;* identical model but used - between $100 & $200.