Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an Elan VS 100 Series II 1x, 2x 4x imped with

Customer Question

Hello. I have an Elan VS 100 Series II 1x, 2x 4x imped with 2 speakers attached. One speaker is not working at all. I moved those wires to the speaker working and the bad speaker now works so I am assuming my volume control is the problem. I don't see the exact control online anywhere but found this Elan model number VSE100W available with this description:
Elan II Series Rotary Volume Control - VS100WH/ High-Power Stereo Volume Control/ 1, 2 And 4x Impedance Match Settings/ White Finish
I am assuming this is my problem and the above product will be a workable replacement ?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, This is simply a standard impedance matched, transformer based, 100 watt volume control- and any one will work as a replacement. The test you did was good, the only other thing I would check is to move the INPUT wires on the volume control from left to right (swap them) and see if the problem channel moves to the other side of the output. If so, then you have a bad Input wire going to the volume control- and the control is fine. Alternatively, if you find the problem stays on the same output of the control- then the one you mentioned will be a suitable replacement (these are standard application controls- single gang, same depth, same connections, etc.). If you'd like there is also one at the link below which will likely be more cost effective than the Elan unit: http://www.parts-express.com/wired-home-vrs100-impedance-matching-rotary-speaker-volume-control-100w--300-552
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.