Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We have two S3 golf watches. The watches have begun freezing

Customer Question

We have two S3 golf watches. The watches have begun freezing on course, jumping holes, and loosing charge very quickly. What do you suggest? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The batteries would be getting near the end of their usable lifetime, in all likelihood - if it isn't also something else that's wrong, but the primary symptom of losing charge very quickly is likely distinctive and diagnostic.All rechargeable batteries, of whatever technology, used in portable electronic devices, eventually and with time and/or usage, lose either their ability to hold charge, or their ability to deliver sufficient power/voltage to keep the device running. So rechargeable batteries - generally after about 1 1/2 years or longer - need replacing. That's what I recommend that you try with the S3 golf watches. (Also note whether they overheat at all, even slightly... that could point to another type of problem, though it is unlikely in that small and simple a device.)