Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I own a casio projector XJ A140. It is functioning well. But

Customer Question

I own a casio projector XJ A140. It is functioning well. But I recently started seeing black dots on the screen.
What could be the diagnosis
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If they look rather like a sprinkling of black pepper bits on the screen... then your LCD device is probably degenerating and losing pixels, simply.Some say this is owing to a heat-producing light bulb being in the same package as the rather heat-sensitive LCD portion of your projector.The best you can do is, not over-use it, keep it cool... and esp. the next on you buy. Make quite sure the vents are not the least bit dusty before turning it On, etc., to ensure that air cooling circulates efficiently to the maximum. How old is the projector? in terms of usage, and in terms of years or months since it was bought?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have had it for at least 3 1/2 years. Is the problem fixable or rather Is it worth getting it fixed?
The LCD element in the projector would have to be replaced. That might cost a fair amount. The good thing to do is to not assume anything, and ask local repairers of this sort of device for an estimate on repairs for this problem. To give you a list of repairers of Casio projectors local to you, I will need your local zip code, please, or your town/city and state.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Lauderhill florida, 33351
Thanks - I am researching that, and will post with results in some minutes from now...
The results say the nearest one to you is in Puerto Rico: Second Chance Service Ctr.228 Barbosa AvenueSan Juan, PR 00917Ph:(###) ###-####ax:(###) ###-####**@******.*** Be sure to call before going there, of course, for sure, and ask for an estimate on the repair cost if you shipped it to them.If you'd prefer, there's another service center on the West Coast: The Time Machine2335 Honolulu AvenueSuite BMontrose, CA 91020Phone:(###) ###-####ax:(###) ###-####Other information may be found on the source page, here:http://www.casio.com/support/authorizedservice/ If this finishes the case for you, please rate my answer. Thanks.