Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a 5 phone Model KX-TGF372 system in my home..

Customer Question

I have a 5 phone Model KX-TGF372 system in my home.. For many months now I have had the following problem. I will place, or recieve, a call. Very soon after talking there will be a short series of "beeps" and I will lose contact with the person. I finally figured out that if I press the "sp phone" button repeatedly, while saying "hello", I get the person back, but with more and more "beeps". I keep this up a very short time until finally a dial tone. I have put new batteries in all the phones and it continued, but a little bit altered from before. HELP!! i can't stand this any longer. I have one "land-line" phone that has helped me retain my sanity. My phone # *****(###) ###-#### i haven't known who to contact till now.
Thanks,
Glen l. Stratforrd
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Glen.When this beep happens, is it during or preceding the dial tone?Or does it actually interrupt the call (You hear it over or in place of the other parties voice)?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
interrups the call - in place of the voice
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The beep happens after the dial tone.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for confirming, Glen. This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.2) remove batteries from all handsets3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge5) check for functionality. Let me kjnow the results. Nathan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did all the above as requested. Just finished. Still is no right. Maybe it needs to get broken in??? It is not right, but different.
Starts out with the recurrent beeps that take over the voice of person I am speaking to. I can get rid of the beeps and continue speaking with the person. I do this by clicking once on the bottom-left hand button ,"sp-phone", and saying "hello", until they respond. Once I accomplish this the person stays there until conversation is finished. Before, the beeps would continue until the dial tone took over. I have only tried this twice, first the beeping, then the voce, a couple of times, then uninterupted voice. Does this make any logical sene to you??. I could call you and you could hear what is happening. That would be another $26.00, but that would be worth it if it made you better undertand what is happening. How much do I owe you now??? I don't like this open ended access you have to my funds..
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for confirming, Glen.There is really no "break in", and if it continues, it is more likely a line issue in my mind.A call is optional, but I'm not sure it would be any more productive than chat, if you prefer it I'm certainly open, but don't want to cost you more unnecessarily either, so it is up to you.Click the call request if you like. Otherwise, as a next step, could you please try to test some other phone at home (not part of the panasonic system) preferably just a basic corded or wall phone? Dig up an old one from the garage/attic, buy a cheap one at walmart, or borrow one briefly from a neighbor, and tell me if the beeps happen there too (plugged into the same wall jack the panasonic system is using) and let me know what happens there?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I beieve I had dold you before that I have a wall phone hooked up also. It is on the same line, same phone number as the panasonic system. The land-line phone works fine, but it is stationary. There are no beeps at all on the land-line phone. So where does that put us now? You didn't tell me what the status of my deposit is........Thanks,
Glen
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for clarifying, Glen. I was not sure what you meant before by a landline phone.That alone does isolate the issue. This is a Panasonic hardware issue (a fault in the base station). If you have had it for less than a year, it would be under warranty and panasonic would replace it for you.Otherwise, it is not worth fixing as repairing it would cost more than buying a new system.You could, however, buy another system of the same model with just a few handsets, and pair your existing handsets to it, resulting in a larger overall system. The cheapest is a bundle with 2 which you can get here: http://amzn.to/1NHmthc Your deposit is paid to the site, and I cannot see what those amounts are, but you can view it on the Account/Help page at the top, under Account History. If you need more information on how to program for a new base, or warranty info for reaching panasonic, let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?