Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Cash drawer will not open anymore. can no longer push buttons

Customer Question

cash drawer will not open anymore. can no longer push buttons either. only button that responds is the printer feed button
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i can open the drawer underneath, but none of the buttons are responding. these is power to the unit
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Presuming that the printer is hooked up correctly, the drawer is not manually locked (and why would it be, considering the problem with the register also?), etc.... your case register is locked up or dead.If it should turn out to be merely locked up, then try pulling the power plug on it, sharply and suddenly.And then leave it that way to cool off and reset, for at least 1/2 hour. Then only after that interval, turn it Off, plug it in to power again, and try turning it On also.