Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices

My ASUS was "refreshing" recently and somehow the power cord

Customer Question

My ASUS was "refreshing" recently and somehow the power cord got under my chair and was cut. Will a new power cord remedy the problem? It has been completely dead since the event.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeYou have to use the power cord specifically for this computer, do not try others else if the power requirements are wrong on the adapter it can blow the power supply in the Asus, or the power cable can overheat.When you get the correct cable, it should then function correctly.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you