Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How hard is it to replace the drive wheel on a Teac 1200A

Customer Question

How hard is it to replace the drive wheel on a Teac 1200A The last time I looked this was a reel to reel audio tape player
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is a reel to reel tape player. the drive wheel needs to be replaced.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.Please check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahCfaVOdheI <==== And let me know if that's what you are looking for. =====Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges. Please read below also: Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated. If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead. Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!! John=====
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have used your videos to find the repair videos that I needed. I am not sure you fully understood the questions. The result you have not helped me in any way, shape, or form. Please no more contact with me.
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, can you please post back with a clear picture of the "...drive wheel..."Might this be a TEAC A-1200 SM? If yes and the drive wheel is the pinch roller, please try turning the locking disc front of the roller counter clockwise.