Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Do you do recommendations on pro A/V equipment? If not,

Customer Question

Do you do recommendations on pro A/V equipment? If not, that's ok and thank you. If so, I am looking for an A/V switcher that would:1) Take a minimum of 2 HDMI, 2 VGA inputs, 1 or 2 composite inputs. (DVI and component not necessary.)
2) Have 2 outputs (HDMI and/or VGA). One would be for sourcing a projector, the other would be for tech preview.
3) DM/DTP/CAT-5 input & output.
4) Matching # ***** audio inputs if available and the ability to separate audio output from the HDMI signal for the purpose of routing to an alternate amplifier/mixer/sound system.
5) Manual and/or automatic scaling.
6) Seamless switching / EDID management - no hesitation/blanking for resyncing when switching between inputs.
7) Approx. 2K budget.
8) Mix effects (fade,wipe, freeze, etc.) if possible within the budget.Thank you for any recommendations or insight that you can provide.
Scott Sleight
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Scott,Is the A/V switcher for home use, or business use?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Scott,Just checking in on your question as I haven't heard back from you. Please reply back and let me know if you still need assistance with this.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sorry so long to reply.
It would be for business and utilized in half a dozen different conference meeting rooms, ballrooms or amphitbeater.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I assume you've answered the question since I'm being asked to rate but I haven't received any info from your side... did I?
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.
I'm afraid I cannot find anything that meets all of your requirements.I will open the question up to the other experts.
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Hello, I do have experience with this. What you're looking for is a Commercial AV Matrix Switcher- I've installed these in Police Stations, Town Halls, and Military Training rooms. Extron, and Kramer are your best open source brands. Crestron is the best in the business but requires a licenses dealer to do the programming. I would strongly recommend Kramer- as I've used their products in the past. Most stick with VGA, however you can often buy expansion ports for AV, HDMI, component, etc.).
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
There's fat too many products from each brand to list them all off here- but if you go to the companies' respective sites, you can read specs on each unit they offer.
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Extron: http://www.extron.com/product/listbytype.aspx?subtype=379
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Kramer:http://www.kramerelectronics.com/products/ The industry term you're looking for is "Matrix Switcher". For example, they allow you to send 10 different sources to one display, one source to 10 displays (along with audio) and any combination there of.
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.